Network Solutions focuses on helping small businesses online. However, if you are wondering whether they only help small businesses or whether they have the experience to assist yours, just know that over 65 percent of Fortune 100 companies utilize their consulting, network directory and other products and services.Here are three steps to getting online and how Network Solutions can help every step of the way.
1. Services and products such as domain registration, website hosting and e-mail are provided. These get you online fast with a website name, a website so you have an online presence and an associated email address. Now you are online and have a professional presence.
2. If you intend on selling online you can take advantage of their SSL Certificates and Ecommerce solutions. The SSL Certificates allow your visitors to know their private information and transactions are secure. The E-commerce solution allows you to begin selling online with ease.
3. Now that you are online and have the ability to sell you need customers. Utilizing their online marketing services assists in generating traffic and potential customers to your site.
4. Once the above is taken care of they can also assist with upgrading your site using their professional design services and putting you on mobile devices.
Network Solutions Background
No one has been in the business longer nor had more involvement in the creation of the domain system that we know today. You can see how extensive their involvement has been from the timeline found on our domain registration tutorial page. As of today they have been around for over 30 years. They manage over 7 million domain names, over 4 million e-mail addresses and over 400,000 web sites, at NetworkSolutions.com.
Network Solutions and the Development of Domain Registration
Here is a short time line of how the domain registration process began and became a business with multiple registrars.
- 1979 – Network Solutions was founded as a consulting company.
- 1985 – First commercial .COM domain was registered
- 1991 – Network Solutions operates the registry
- 1993 – Network Solutions has an exclusive to operate the registry for TLDs (Top Level Domains .com .net .org)
- 1995 – Network Solutions was granted the ability to charge for domain name registrations
Get Started with Network Solutions
Take a look at what Network Solutions has to offer here. There offer a wide range of domain names, hosting, and more.