Internet Statistics for 2010
The most recent stats I posted were related to the 2010 holiday season and the record breaking sales days. I came across this excellent article here at Pingdom. Every time I review internet statistics I am always amazed at how large the numbers are. Here are some interesting figures taken from their list, go to their site to view all and they also included the references of the numbers origination.
- 255 million – The number of websites as of December 2010
- 21.4 million – Added websites in 2010
- 1.97 billion – Internet users worldwide (June 2010)
- 14% – Increase in Internet users since the previous year
- 2 billion – The number of videos watched per day on YouTube
- 5 billion – Photos hosted by Flickr (September 2010)
See more detailed stats at their site.