If you are like most you started using WordPress and you alone maintain the entire site, all the posts, everything. It would be great if others could help, possibly other authors that create similar content or maybe someone you pay for writing/editing.
You can allow others to register as a user of your site and provide them with access, varying levels of access. These are called the “roles” and consist of: Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber. Here are their definitions:
- Administrator – you will want to keep this to yourself, as this role allows access to all the administration features
- Editor – This role allows the person to publish posts, which you may not want if you wish to edit them first, they can also manage other peoples posts
- Author – This role allows someone to manage their own posts including publishing
- Contributor – Much like an author they can manage their own posts but not publish, in case you wish to view someones work before they publish
- Subscriber – A role to just comment, review comments and receive any newsletters you may send