When using WordTracker, here is how it is helpful. For our test we are promoting Quicken Loans. You enter a word such as loans or home loan. Then you receive a score for the following:
- keyword tells you the word it suggests or the word you chose.
- count is the number of times a particular keyword has appeared in their database.
- predict is to predict the number of searches that may occur on any given day throughout the top 10 search engines
- dig allows you to find more specific words, and therefore niche searches that may not be widely used / optimized.
You then choose the keywords you would like to focus on, you may export the list or provide a competition analysis letting you know how likely it is that others are optimizing for that keyword. If it is not highly optimized there is an opportunity for you to reap that traffic.
The fields are:
- KEI Analysis: the more popular your keywords are, and the less competition they have
- count: the number of times a particular keyword has appeared in their database.
- 24 hrs: the predicted daily traffic for each keyword in the search engine you chose to evaluate
- competing: the number of other sites also competing for the optimization of that word or phrase
Once you have chosen your keywords you must then either use them in a pay per click search engine such as Google or create unique pages for your site using those keywords.